On 24 March 2020, COST’s governing board, the Committee of Senior Officials (CSO), confirmed the funding of 45 new COST Actions, which will start in the late Summer and Autumn of 2020.
The full Action details (Memorandum of Understanding) will be available on 21 April 2020 on the new Action webpages. Interested parties will then be able to see the Action’s objectives, foreseen activities, working groups and Main Proposer details, and possibly express an interest to contribute to the Action by contacting their relevant COST National Coordinator.
A summary of the Actions is available by clicking the booklet.
As an indicator of multidisciplinarity of the new Actions, more than half of them cover at least two OECD (The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) fields of science and technology, while 11% cover at least three fields.
Natural sciences lead the way as the most represented field of science (represented in 42% of the Actions), followed by engineering and technology (36%), medical and health sciences (33%), social sciences (31%), humanities (13%) and agricultural sciences (9%).
The 45 successful proposals in figures:
- 18% of proposal leaders are early-career investigator
- 36% of proposal leaders are women
- 78% of the proposals feature participants from SMEs and industry
- 54% of all proposers come from an Inclusiveness Target Country
- 67% of the future networks have attracted participants from all over the world (COST International Partner Countries/Near Neighbour Countries)
The full Action details (Memorandum of Understanding) will be made available on 21 April 2020 on the new Action’s webpages.