Call for COST external experts
We invite experts from all scientific areas to participate in the evaluation of proposals for COST Actions collected once a year through the COST Open Call.
By being available for occasional, short-term assignments you will contribute to fair, inclusive, and fully transparent scientific project assessment at European level.
A COST external expert must not necessarily belong to academic institutions. However, a university degree and considerable scientific or professional experience in the specific areas of expertise are a requirement.
Experts coming from non-COST countries are also welcome.
Why become a COST external expert?
As a COST external expert, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the evaluation of COST Open Call proposals.
- Participate in the assessment of Action results and outcomes.
- Contribute to the impact and success of our COST programme.
- Gain insight into the latest scientific and technological developments put forward by COST scientific communities.
- Build on your reputation in the research community through the recognition of your role as a COST expert.
Click here to view the Guide for Independent External Experts and for further information click the photo below to see the infographic that accompanies the guide.
How to apply
To be included in the COST expert database:
Create an e-COST profile
Click the button "Become a COST expert"
Upload your Institutional details & CV
We'll be in touch when we match your expertise with proposals