On 25 May 2021, COST’s governing board, the Committee of Senior Officials (CSO), confirmed the funding of 40 new COST Actions, which will start in the Autumn of 2021.
43% of all Actions cover at least two OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) fields of science and technology, while 13% cover at least three fields, clearly highlighting the multidisciplinary of the new Actions.
This year, 45% of the main proposers are women.
Natural sciences lead the way as the most represented field of science (represented in 45% of the Actions), followed by engineering and technology (40%), medical and health sciences (25%), social sciences (23%), agricultural sciences (18%) and humanities (8%).
Click here to download the newly approved Actions.
The new 40 successful proposals in figures:
- 20% of main proposers are early-career investigator (22% for all proposers)
- 45% of main proposers are women (42% for all proposers)
- 75% of the proposals feature participants from SMEs and industry
- 25% of main proposers come from an Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC) (42% of all proposers)
- 73% of the future networks have attracted participants from all over the world (COST International Partner Countries/Near Neighbour Countries)
On 23 June 2021, COST Actions and their Memorandum of Understanding will be available on the COST website and first Management Committee meetings will start between September and October 2021.