Intelligent Transport Systems: a Tool or a Toy?
|Location||Holiday Inn Hotel, Žilina, Slovakia|
|Date||22 - 23 November 2016|
|Calendar file||.vcs .ics|
This conference was co-organised between the COST Association and the University of Žilina, the latter as European Research Area (ERA) Chair (ERAdiate project) on International Transport Systems (ITS), and ERTICO as Supporting Partner. This event was held under the auspices of the Slovak Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The aim of this event was to bring special attention to the role of research organisations in providing evidence to the policy makers for shaping the right ecosystem in ITS, and to the role of the industry, and in particular small and medium enterprises (SMEs), in delivering innovative, sustainable and interoperable solutions. Particular attention was given to two important pillars of future mobility: Autonomous driving and Mobility as a Service (MaaS).
This two-day conference took place in the context of the implementation of the legal framework (Directive 2010/40/EU) that was adopted by the European Union on 07 July 2010, to accelerate the deployment of the ITS across Europe.
According to the European Commission’s White Paper on Transport, new forms of mobility have to be proposed for overcoming reliability, environmental safety and affordability issues towards sustainable solutions for the transport of people and goods. Until this event, advancements in research and technology had significantly contributed to this recommendation by integrating multidisciplinary approaches, and having addressed the fragmentation of knowledge in ITS.
However, the deployment of widely used interoperable and seamless ITS solutions was still lagging behind the expectations, both in terms of their sustainability and competitiveness, as well as integrating their socioeconomic impact at regional, national and pan-European level.
Further information about this event can be requested to Dr Mickael Pero, Science Officer, email@example.com.
Share this COST Event
Readings and resources on ITS
- Pan European Networks - H2020 special feature on 'ITS: a Tool or a Toy?'
- Pan European Networks - H2020 interview to Viktor Stromček, State Secretary of the Slovak Ministry of Transport
- Pan European Networks - H2020 interview to François Peyret,Chair of COST Action 'Satellite Positioning Performance Assessment for Road Transport'
- Pan European Networks - H2020 interview to Floridea di Ciommo, Chair of COST Action 'Transport Equity Analysis'
- SaPPART, COST Action TU1302
- ARTS, COST Action TU1102
- TEA, COST Action TU1209
- ENERGIC, COST Action IC1203
- Social Networks and Travel Behaviour, COST Action TU1305
- Graph Integration Platform GIP
- Intermodales Verkehrsreferenzsystem Österreich (GIP.at)
- Verkehrsauskunft Österreich (VAO)
- ITS Vienna Region
- Realtime Traffic Information Austria
- The autonomous car ... (article)
- Accessibility in cities
- GATEway project
- Crowdsourced Transport
- Future Transport Scenarios
- Travel in Britain in 2035