An overview of the COST building blocks leading up to Horizon 2020
COST at a turning point
Looking at the next seven-year programme for research and innovation, Horizon 2020, COST has been working towards achieving its Vision 2020 goals:
- COST has ensured a quality performance in implementing its activities, as previous and ongoing impact assessment studies have shown
- COST has seen its Actions steer towards new concepts and products - a result of the networks’ bottom-up nature and of their support for innovative ideas
- Inclusive and open Actions have enabled cooperation within COST countries and beyond
- The COST Association has been established to ensure good governance under the new programme for research and innovation
The COST Action Plan towards inclusiveness and excellence
As a follow-up on the COST Position Paper, the COST Action Plan approved in June 2012 aims at increasing inclusiveness in COST activities while fostering scientific excellence throughout Europe.
The COST Position Paper
This strategic paper demonstrates the valuable position that COST holds in the European Research Area (ERA). COST anticipates and complements the activities of the EU Framework Programmes by enabling breakthrough scientific developments leading to new concepts and products. Moreover, COST fosters inclusiveness and excellence in all fields of science and technology.
The COST Plan for Strategic Activities
The COST Plan for Strategic Activities features the procedures for setting up S&T or policy-driven strategic activities, including conferences, meetings and events.
- COST Strategy (COST 4157/11) (PDF, 35 kB)
- COST Action Plan (COST 4156/12) (PDF, 29 kB)
- COST Position Paper (COST 4106/12) (PDF, 158 kB)
- Plan for COST Strategic Activities 2012-2014 (COST 4111/13) (PDF, 346 kB)
- COST Mission Statement (COST 4152/11) (PDF, 23 kB)
- COST Strategy for Early Stage Researchers (COST doc. 295/09) (PDF, 53 kB)
- Communication Plan 2012-2014 (COST 4115/12) (PDF, 60 kB)