COST funding is:
– open to all scientific and technological fields including humanities and social sciences; and to researchers and stakeholders from academia, industry, NGOs and SMEs, and policy-makers;
– focused on excellence;
– bottom-up – gives researchers freedom to freely propose any topic;
– inclusive – actively engaging the whole research community across countries, generations and gender;
– simple – one submission stage and user friendly IT tools; and
– transparent – straightforward application process and independent peer review.