Submit your COST Action proposal
You can submit your COST Action proposal at any time throughout the year via the new e-COST online submission tool.
The next Collection Date is tentatively set for 1 December 2016, at 12:00 CET.
The final decision regarding the approval and funding of the Action proposals collected on 25 April 2016 is expected at the end of October 2016 .
The Call is open to ideas in all fields of Science and Technology including Humanities and Social Sciences. Multi- and interdisciplinary proposals are encouraged.
COST invites proposals for Actions contributing to the scientific, technological, economic, cultural or societal knowledge advancement and development of Europe.
The set of COST Implementation Rules outlines procedures and conditions for participating in and setting up COST Actions.
The new Action Proposal Submission, Evaluation, Selection and Approval (SESA) procedure is fully science and technology-driven and will ensure a simple, transparent and competitive proposal evaluation and selection process, in line with the bottom-up, open and inclusive principles of COST.
Researchers benefit from a one-stage submission. The proposal requires filling in several sections via the new e-COST online submission tool as well as the Technical Annex of up to 15 pages, uploaded via the same tool.
The way to a successful COST Action proposal: SESA procedure explained
e-COST is a portal for COST Action participants' registration and financial reporting
COST Implementation Rules
- Rules for Participation in and Implementation of COST Activities (COST 132-14) (PDF, 352 kB)
- Action Proposal Submission Evaluation Selection and Approval (COST 133-14) (PDF, 286 kB)
- Action Management, Monitoring and Final Assessment (COST 134-14) (PDF, 359 kB)
- International Cooperation and Specific Organisations Participation (COST 135-14) (PDF, 220 kB)
- Open Call infographic (PDF, 2 MB)
- COST Vademecum (PDF, 3 MB)
- COST Open Call – Submission, Evaluation, Selection and Approval (SESA) Guidelines (PDF, 3 MB)
- Guidelines for Action Management, Monitoring and Assessment (PDF, 3 MB)
- Anonymity in COST Action proposals (PDF, 239 kB)
- Technical Annex (DOCX, 103 kB)
- SESA explained (PDF, 1 MB)