Scientists and researchers from the 36 COST Member Countries and the Cooperating State can participate in science and technology networks known as COST Actions by:
- Submitting a proposal for a new COST Action
- Joining an existing COST Action
- Becoming a COST External Expert
Who can participate?
Participation is open to researchers:
- in universities, research centres, large and small, public and private organisations from all 36 COST Member Countries and its Cooperating State
- from any science and technology field
- at any career stage
- having any original, innovative idea
You may refer to the COST Implementation Rules outlining conditions for participating in and setting up COST Actions.
COST Action Funding
The funding is provided via an yearly grant agreement. COST is supported by the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020.
The documents below are intended for COST Action participants and for researchers interested in more information about the functioning of COST Actions.
The COST Implementation Rules provide the basic and general conditions for the implementation of COST Activities, with a specific focus on COST Actions.
The COST Vademecum provides the terms and conditions for the financing of COST Actions and other COST activities.
The COST Action Template Centre provides documents that COST Actions may use to report on their activities.
The Key documents are the official announcement of the COST Open Call and the Technical Annex, part of the COST Action proposal