26 October 2016 | General
25 new Actions to start in early 2017
Approved by the COST Committee of Senior Officials on 24 October 2016, the new Actions were selected out of 478 eligible proposals collected earlier in April.
Almost half of the successful proposals (48%) indicated their research covered at least two main OECD fields of science and technology.
Quick facts and figures:
- 44% of proposals indicated natural sciences and medical and health sciences as the main OECD fields, followed by engineering and technology and social sciences (24%), agricultural sciences (16%) and humanities (4%)
- there are 1018 participants in all 25 Actions
- 40% of participants are female
- around a quarter are affiliated to an institution from an Inclusiveness Target Country
- Roughly one in three participants is an early career investigator
- one third of main proposers are female
A detailed list of the 25 successful proposals is now available for download.