Become a COST Expert!
COST invites independent experts from all scientific areas to participate in the evaluation of proposals for COST Actions collected twice a year through the COST Open Call.
COST aims to establish a gender and age-balanced expert pool, and therefore particularly encourages both young and female scientists to express their interest.
By being available for occasional, short-term assignments, you will contribute to fair, inclusive and fully transparent scientific project-assessment at European level.
COST Experts must not necessarily belong to academic institutions. However, a university degree and considerable scientific or professional experience in the specific areas of expertise are a requirement.
Why become a COST Expert?
As a COST Expert, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the evaluation of COST Open Call proposals;
- Participate in the assessment of Action results and outcomes;
- Be invited to take part in the assessment of COST strategic activities.
You will also:
- Gain insight into the latest scientific and technological developments put forward by COST scientific communities;
- Build on your reputation in the research community through the recognition of your role as a COST Expert;
- Contribute to the success of a highly visible European funding scheme.
How does it work?
As an independent external expert, you guarantee the excellence and the overall scientific quality of the proposal. You work remotely on the evaluation of the scientific and technological challenge addressed by the proposal, and assess the added value of networking to tackle this challenge. COST Experts may also be invited to take part in the assessment of COST strategic activities.