Planet Under Pressure - New knowledge towards solutions
|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date||26 - 29 March 2012|
|Calendar file||.vcs .ics|
A major international conference to provide scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development - Rio+20
The 2012 international Planet Under Pressure conference provided a comprehensive update of the pressure planet Earth is now under. The conference discussed solutions at all scales to move societies on to a sustainable pathway.
The key aims of the conference included:
- 2500 participants combining global-change science and policy, business and development communities
- Scientific leadership towards the 2012 UN Rio +20 conference
- Building trans-disciplinary research communities
- Identifying opportunities for enhanced partnerships between global change science and policy, industry and the public
- A new vision for international research
Building on a comprehensive update of knowledge of the Earth system and the pressure it is under, the Planet Under Pressure conference will present and debate new insights into potential opportunities and constraints for innovative development pathways based on novel partnerships.
For more information, please visit the conference website.