Low Input/Organic Agriculture: The Farm of Tomorrow?
|Location||Radisson Blu EU Hotel, Brussels|
|Date||30 November 2009 | 8:30 - 17:30|
|Calendar file||.vcs .ics|
Today’s agricultural systems have to conform to increasing environmental constraints. They have to respond to concerns about the safety of their products for human health, demands for better quality and environmental safety, while producing enough and bringing profit to farmers.
More public and private investments in sustainable farming could boost food supplies and ensure global food security. Low input farming and organic farming may comply with the needs of producing high quality safe food in an environmentally sustainable, cost-effective and socially acceptable way. However, many organisational, scientific and economic issues need to be addressed to foster further development in this field.
To illustrate the new vitality in this sector and to attempt to provide answers to such questions, COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) convened a multidisciplinary one-day Exploratory Workshop on Low Input/ Organic Agriculture: the Farm of Tomorrow? The overall objective of the workshop was to identify the need and potential for a structured COST Action on this topic.
Share this COST Event
- Final Programme (PDF, 368 kB)
- Morning session I - Berenji (PDF, 275 kB)
- Morning session I - Fagnano (PDF, 480 kB)
- Morning session I - Maggio (PDF, 530 kB)
- Morning session I - Stalenga (PDF, 1 MB)
- Morning session II - Lammerts van Bueren (PDF, 372 kB)
- Morning session II - Nykaenen (PDF, 219 kB)
- Morning sesssion II - Leifert (PDF, 303 kB)
- Afternoon session - Fernandez-Quintanilla (PDF, 474 kB)
- Afternoon session - Halberg (PDF, 804 kB)
- Afternoon session - Niggli (PDF, 531 kB)
- Afternoon session - Stavridou (PDF, 222 kB)
- Afternoon session - Steinwidder (PDF, 469 kB)
- Roundtable - Mazija (PDF, 163 kB)
- Roundtable - Williams (PDF, 101 kB)
Radisson Blu EU Hotel Brussels
Rue d’Idalie 35
Avenue Louise 149
Tel. +32 2 533 38 05
Fax +32 2 533 38 90