FA COST Action FA0806
Plant virus control employing RNA-based vaccines: A novel non-transgenic strategy
Descriptions are provided by the Actions directly via e-COST.
The main objective of this Action is to strengthen existing networks in order to develop suitable, efficient and cost-effective methods for reactive and proactive response to viral diseases of plants for a sustainable agriculture.
Specific primary objectives of this Action are:
1. Co-ordinate frontier European research on plant virus control through gene silencing approaches.
2. Help develop novel non-transgenic control strategies for managing plant viral diseases in Europe.
3. Optimize protocols for high-throughput production and delivery of suitable resistance inducer molecules.
4. Transfer innovations to end-user groups (i.e. SMEs, plant protection organizations, growers’ groups).
5. Disseminate results via publication of all meeting proceedings, developing a web site with bibliography and announcements for long-term networking.