The domain Biomedicine and Molecular Biosciences (BMBS) covers all areas of medicine as practiced in Europe and basic, preclinical and clinical medical research developed to materialise the “bench to bedside” concept. Research in biomedicine emphasises acquisition of knowledge of normal functions of the human body and alterations of them in the case of diseases. These functions may be conducted at the molecular and the whole body level, not excluding its integration in the environment (food, water supply, pollutants, forests, urban environment, etc.).
Domains and Actions
COST is a flexible, fast, effective and efficient tool to network and coordinate nationally funded research activities, bringing good scientists together under light strategic guidance. COST is based on networks, called COST Actions, centered around research projects in fields that are of interest to at least five COST countries.
COST Actions cover basic and pre-competitive research for peaceful purposes as well as activities of public utility, as part of the Lisbon objectives.
There are currently around 300 Actions running in the 9 scientific Domains. In addition, Trans-Domain Proposals (TDP) give the opportunity to cover several scientific Domains per proposal.
- Rules and Procedures of COST Domain Committees (COST doc. 4170/10) (PDF, 29 kB)
- Approved Actions 2010 (PDF, 3 MB)
- Approved Actions 2011 (PDF, 5 MB)
- Approved Actions 2012 (PDF, 4 MB)
- Approved Actions 2013 (PDF, 2 MB)
- Approved Actions 2014 (PDF, 964 kB)
- COST Countries Action Participation Overview (June 2014) (XLSX, 122 kB)