Capacity Building in Forest Policy and Governance in Western Balkan Region - CAPABAL
The Network aims at enhancing young scientists' and future policy makers' professional skills and access to networks and emerging research in the field of forestry and forest management in the Western Balkan region. This would help achieve the sustainable forest management and governance international standards and promote economic development in the area.
It is the fourth Targeted Network approved by the COST Committee of Senior Officials. The first Management Committee meeting is envisaged for autumn 2014.
The Network aims to enhance the forest and natural resources policy and governance, as well as the sustainable, multifunctional forest management in the Western Balkans and across Europe. CAPABAL plans to do so by creating a strong, regional collaborative network of experienced and future leaders in science, policy and management, well connected to European and international networks.
CAPABAL will target:
- early stage researchers (ESR)
- future policy leaders
- young resource managers employed in regional institutions ranging from forestry faculties and research institutes to natural resources ministries, forest enterprises, businesses, NGOs
The main planned outputs of CAPABAL are:
- a foresight document on the future of Balkan forests
- a Strategic Research Agenda to address the challenges and opportunities identified in the foresight
The CAPABAL Memorandum of Understanding contains further details on the network, such as detailed objectives, programme, organisation and timeplan.
About Targeted Networks
Targeted (policy-driven) Networks are COST Actions aiming at policy objectives - based on the Plan for Strategic Activities approved by the CSO. All relevant key documents can be found on the COST Strategy page.
* content provided by e-COST.
Data is synchronised once per night.