Reciprocal Agreements with New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina
Reciprocal Agreements provide researchers involved in COST Actions and their counterparts in New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina with the opportunity to meet, learn from each other and explore opportunities for working together.
- Only participants in COST Actions involving official participations from the reciprocal agreement countries are eligible to draw on these funds. Consult the FAQ section if you wish to join a COST Action.
- Reciprocal agreements enable RSTSMs - Short Term Scientific Missions under a Reciprocal Agreement.
- An RSTSM must last between a minimum of five days and a maximum of three months.
- The agreements cover travel and subsistence expenses to and within the host country.
- Specific details per agreement apply! Each of the implementing agents may have specific eligibility criteria and priorities – it is important that applicants check with their implementing agent (usually on the website) to understand these eligibility criteria and priorities
The application process...
for participants from COST Countries
- Read the relevant reciprocal agreement.
- Consult Section 6 of the COST Vademecum. A statement from the Action Chair, a work plan and a budget breakdown will be required as well as the online STSM application form.
- Submit your application to your COST Office Science Officer.
for participants from Argentina
- Read the reciprocal agreement.
- Contact the contact person listed on this page.
for participants from New Zealand
for participants from South Africa
Ms Maria Inés Menvielle
Ministerio de Cienca, Tecnologia E Innovación Productiva
Av. Córdoba 831
C1054AAH Buenos Aires
Tel. +5411 4891 8368
Fax +5411 4891 8460
Mr Eddie R. Davis
Contract Manager (International)
The Royal Society of New Zealand
4 Halswell Street, Thorndon, PO Box 598
Tel. +64 (0)4 470 5769
Ms Mamohloding Tlhagale
Building 53, CSIR Campus, Meiring Naude Road, Brummeria
Tel. +27 (0)12 843 63 41