TUD COST Action C21
Towntology - Urban Ontologies for an Improved Communication in Urban Civil Engineering Projects
The main objective of the Action is to increase the knowledge and promote the use of
ontologies in the domain of Urban Civil Engineering projects, in the view of facilitating the
communications between information systems, stakeholders and UCE specialists at a
European level (Groupware).
Secondary objectives of the Action are:
- producing a taxonomy of ontologies in the UCE field, contrasting existing design
methodologies, techniques, glossaries and production standards ;
- developing an urban civil engineering ontology both in textual and visual (graph)
presentation and a visual editor to integrate and update concepts, definition, photos, etc. into
the ontology (software tool) ;
- developing a set of guidelines for the construction of multi-lingual UCE ontologies, based
on practical examples (cases) ;
- analysing the role of ontologies as a tool to foster an improved communication between
(Descriptions are provided by the Actions directly via e-COST.)
* content provided by e-COST.
Data is synchronised once per night.