MPNS COST Action MP1206
Electrospun nano-fibres for bio inspired composite materials and innovative industrial applications
Descriptions are provided by the Actions directly via e-COST.
Electrospinning, an electro-hydrodynamic process is a versatile and promising platform technology for the production of electrospun nanofibrous materials consisting of diverse polymers and polymer composites. This platform process can provide bio- or oil based polymer nanofibrous materials for the fabrication of innovative biomedical devices and for the fabrication of new technical applications. By forming an interdisciplinary knowledge platform, the Action will strengthen the European R&TD on electrospun nanofibrous materials and nanofibrous composites and will generate fast progress in the state of the art. The Action will cover scientific breakthroughs and innovations in the electrospinning process itself, nanofibrous materials and nanofibrous composite advancements and the post treatment processing of electrospun materials. Applications in the biomedical and technical fields as well as health, societal and environmental issues are considered. The main outcome of the Action will be:
- New integrated methodologies for designing and producing electrospinning nanofibres
- Databases of application-relevant electrospun nanofibre properties
- An up to date knowledge base on electrospun nanofibres and its applications
- Tutorial material for training young researchers entering the field.
* content provided by e-COST.
Data is synchronised once per night.